Cakes for any occasion in Perth
Whatever the celebration, a uniquely designed and decorated cake creates a centrepiece, a focus, for the occasion and for those never to be forgotten photo opportunities.
At The Sassy Cookie we will work with you to create a beautifully decorated and tasty cake for your celebration.
We have created cakes for cactus lovers, for Pokemon players, for weddings and for engagements, for birthdays for 1 year olds to 100 year olds, for sports fans and many more.
Look at the Gallery to see some of our creations. A lot of these cakes were created in response to specific requests from customers. If you want a different cake, talk to us and we will work with you on that unique creation.
Things to consider when ordering a cake:
- Number of people you are looking to serve.
- Is it to be used as a dessert course or is it just to be cut into small tasting pieces.
- Is there a theme to your celebration that you want the cake to complement.
- Are there any special dietary requirements to be considered for your cake. We can accommodate gluten free, dairy free, egg free, but not necessarily combinations of these.
- What style of decoration do you want. This can vary from one of our “simply a cake” range with minimal icing to an elaborate tiered cake decorated with glossy Korean buttercream flowers. The use of edible images opens possibilities not previously available.
- What flavour cake do you want. Keep in mind that the flavour may have a bearing on the texture of the cake. A standard vanilla cake will be much lighter in texture than a chocolate mud cake or a gluten free cake made with almond meal. Available flavours are vanilla (plain or chocolate), chocolate mud, white chocolate mud and a range of gluten free cakes.
Innovation with cakes
At The Sassy Cookie we are constantly looking for new ideas and we try to stay at the forefront of emerging trends so that we can bring you the best in cakes from around the world. Traditionally North America, Europe and Britain have been the source of most innovation in cake making and decorating. However, we are now seeing a lot of new ideas coming from Asia. To see this first hand the Sassy Chef last year attended classes in Ho Chi Minh City to learn the Korean Gloss Buttercream technique from KK Cakraft. This technique produces an almost translucent effect and lends itself to very intricate flower designs. The skills exhibited by some of the Vietnamese girls at these classes were simply amazing.
A lot of emphasis is placed on the decoration of the cake. However, the cake must also taste good. When we first opened The Sassy Cookie there were very few gluten free cakes available in Perth. Our gluten free cakes very quickly became popular because not only were they gluten free but they were also full of different flavours that had wide appeal. We now offer a range of styles of cakes, all very tasty and flavoursome.
To order your cakes
When you next want a cake, call us (93610979), use the contact form or email (email@example.com) and we would love to work with you.